Friday, May 6, 2011

Welcome Spring

I think it's finally safe to say that Spring is actually here. Last Saturday we woke up to this:



And I knew I couldn't even hope for warm weather soon because that would mean flooding, which is scheduled to happen in the next couple of days.  We're already making plans to go up in the mountains tomorrow to fish and roast hog dots and marshmallows and get sticky eating drippy watermelon.

I've been waiting patiently to take the kids out for a ride in the bike trailer and today was the perfect day.  I thought they would fight me because Eli loves to ride his own bike and Esme screams at the sight of her car seat every time since we got back from California.  But they were happy.  I love living so close to a trail and that it leads to a place like Gardner Village.  Fun bike ride followed by a petting zoo, a toy store with trains to push, and donuts to munch.  Life was good today, especially when I heard Esme giggling behind me.

Found something good in the storage unit


Finally ready to go


Someone smile please


Ah. Gardner Village





I suppose the donut counteracted the workout.  At least it was enjoyable exercise, for all 3 of us.

No comments: