Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What's Better Than A Sale At Nordstrom?

Nothing. Well, that's what I thought this morning. Today was to the the start of Nordstrom's half yearly sale ( for women and kids) and I had plans to be there at precisely 9 a.m. to check out some new galoshes for me and shoes for the boy. Hence my dismay at the snow storm which brought with it the need for Brian to use the Toyota since the Jeep's wipers are out of service. The Fates were against me, not really.
Instead of picking out a lovely pair of rain boots after breakfast, we were out in the fresh snow. Eli was apprehensive at first, of course, making me hold him. Then his wildest dreams started coming true. First was a super-cool (to Eli) truck plowing the snow. Then the friendly cat, Ice Man, came to find some warmth in my arms and lead us to his house where he hoped we would let him in. Eli was squeeling and smiling at his luck. Comfortable enough to walk around his strangely cold and fluffy white surroundings he discovered the joy of slush stomping and stream splashing. This stream also led down to a gigantic puddle. It goes without saying that he found it. I smiled watching my little boy have so much messy fun and waited until he was wet to the knees before taking him home. That way he wouldn't mind either.
I decided it was the best kind of snow possible. The first big one is always an exciting change and not yet too frigid.
I also got to see two of my favorite things...combined: fresh snow on tree limbs and fall colored leaves. Extra beautious. Snow on warmly tinged leaves. I love where we live and I love staying home, exploring the world with my little man. His excitement over something so small as a fly in the window is rubbing off on me.
Nordies will always be there, but not a delighted 2 year old.

4 comments:

Leilani said...

Awww, you're such a great mom. I miss the snow.

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Oh what a great post! Eli looks adorable in that doggie hat...I miss the snow...and why don't you guys get a cat already? Teach the boy responsibility in feeding it etc..Would Be Fun!! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Eli is making good use of the hiking boots! We loved the article....almost makes us miss the snow...almost!
Grandma and Grandpa Corrales

Anonymous said...

Aww too cute. =)