Monday, July 26, 2010

Esme Crawls




I finally got Brian to show me how to get videos converted and on the blog. Esme's been really close to crawling for a long time, just rocking back and forth, scooting backwards by pushing back with her arms, and somehow moving forward by going up and down from crawling position to her belly. Just after turning 8 months she figured out how to move those knees. This video isn't the perfect showcase of her new skills, but at least Brian was home so one of us could keep Eli from teasing and man-handling her while the other was holding the camera, plus it shows why I've started calling her "troublemaker."





And yesterday at church I was surprised to see her pull herself up to standing!!!

7 comments:

Leilani said...

I guess this answers my "is she crawling yet" question. What a cutie.

sarahflib said...

Those pictures are priceless! Go, Esme!

Kim said...

Good job, Esme!

Robnz Fam said...

What?! Crazy! Good Job Esme! Now you can keep up with Eli...well, maybe soon..

And Eli good job on that bike! You'll have to show Emi how it's done when we get back next week!

Kristyn said...

Nice work little one!

And I hear those bikes Eli has are awesome! Way to go Eli!

Also, I wrote a super long comment to your meat post a while back. but the blogger didn't publish it and I was ticked and didn't have enough time to rewrite everything. Suffice it to say that I liked your post a lot, and it got me thinking about things in a different way. We don't eat a lot of meat currently, (Paul is in the same boat as Brian and is a total carnivore) but your post gave me more reason to respect the animals. So thanks.

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

How awesome is that! Carter has not quite got the skill of knee/hand crawling yet - we'll see! Army crawl for now...and she stood up! Right on track! :) It was cute to see a video of her, she really is a doll!

Cristina said...

Aww so cute! It's been forever since I have been able to read your blog! Esme is getting big! I love how she crawls and that first picture looks like shes doing push-ups! haha adorable!