Friday, July 9, 2010

Mr. Nice Guy

Watering The Plants At The House We Rented At Bear Lake


Eli is so fun these days, especially since he's talking more and starting to say more of those crazy things kids come up with. I love to ask questions to hear what's going on in the 3-year-old head of his.

A couple weeks ago Brian got a bad email from the bank. Between online bill pay and my debit card spending, 5 transactions bounced= $100 in fees. Upsetting but not stressful since all we had to do was watch things and transfer from other accounts. Eli could tell his dad was upset and asked what was wrong. To put it simply, I told him "we don't have enough money." Eli put his pointer finger in the air and declared, as he always does, "Oh, I know, I know idea" and ran to his room to pull out some quarters from a secret supply in his sock bin I never knew about. "E-I-uh have money!" Bri melted as the boy came running to share his stash.

Last night I kept him up with me a little later than usual in hopes he might sleep in until at least 7 this morning. He was riveted to the first few minute of the 9 O'clock news. During the main stories about a small fire in the hills above Centerville and the poor guy hit by a trax train he would gasp and cover his mouth and ask me what was going on. I told him. Each time he said again, "Oh, oh, I know, E-I-uh help." I asked how he was going to help and he answered that Wolfie, his stuffed pet "cat" (jumping on grandpa's face in a post below) would do it.

3 comments:

Grandma Corrales said...

ahhhh....what a beautiful story about our Eli. It's been so much fun watching him grow, especially thru your stories and pictures!

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Oh my goodness, that story made me melt! Kids are so wonderful! What a great boy y'all have there -- can't wait till little Carter starts talking...oh man, what cute things will come out of his mouth I'm sure! :)

Kim said...

Eli is such a thoughtful, sweet boy. I like how he gave Bri his coins.