Thursday, March 12, 2009

#2

Here I go again, Brian will find out about this soon enough. Practically everyday he's been asking when he can call his parents. Maybe they'll call him...

If all goes well, there should be a new baby around here in early November.

I just couldn't wait another 6 weeks until the hallowed 12th week- It's Now Safe To Announce time. I couldn't even wait to get home or let alone have Brian there to take the test, right after I bought it Eli and I ran to the bathroom. Happy, life-changing event, right there in Wal-mart. Besides, I'd rather spill the joyous news while I'm still feeling good about it and not barfing 10 times a day, no euphemisms when feeling like that. Sunday started the "you must eat every two hours to keep nausea at bay even though nothing sounds good" (except fast food) routine.

Brian is very excited to have someone that he can cuddle for hours on end (and who won't complain about it) and is already asking if the little one can sleep in our bed. I wonder if he knows he/she already is.

I'm grateful for the 3 year space. Eli should be a good helper with his tidy and somewhat obedient and responsible nature.

Luckily, for Brian and his Asian notions, he got a son first, so it doesn't matter what this one is. For what its worth, some Chinese Lunar predictor says it will be a girl.

It's going to be a long wait, but I'll need the time for deciding a name (I guess Brian could have some input) despite my indecisiveness and sewing projects, I've been getting jealous of all the cute things I give to other people.

So there we go. That's how everybody finds out. The most dedicated readers first, I suppose. Ah! I'm going to click "publish post" now! And then get a snack, my nap and all this typing made me hungry.

14 comments:

Leilani said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'll bet you'll have a gorgeous little girl (are you taking bets by the way?)
:)
Hope the icky feelings aren't too bad.

Esther said...

Yay! Congratulations! I am so happy for you all. That's cute you couldn't wait to take the test :)

Hopefully you won't be too sick for when you come for the BBQ, does next Friday work?

sarahflib said...

That's wonderful news, Helena! Congratulations and good luck with the waiting. So, so exciting.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I am soooo happy and excited for you guys! I can't wait to have another niece or nephew. Congratulations. I'll call you tonight!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! Good luck in the months to come!

Anonymous said...

It seems that anytime there is sadness in a family, Heavenly Father provides a blessing to help us heal. Congrats to all three of you! Grandpa and I can't wait to be grandparents again!

Anna said...

I'm so not the first to comment. Congratulations, that's very exciting!

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Yeah!Yeah! I hope its a girl..mostly because you have such a good looking boy that I want to know what a girl would look like... :-D

...I might be joining you with that whole barfing deal...and early November thing

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Congrats Helena!!! Next time I see Mr. Asami I will have to let him know! JK I am so happy for you and your family!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

Congratulations you guys! I can't wait to hear all about the months to come:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, you two! That is just so wonderful. I am so happy to be a great grandma again. Karen is right, Heavenly Father is so kind. Grandpa is probably so excited on the other side.

Love You! Great Grandma T.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Lena: I am so excited for you and your growing family! Love, Mom

cirila said...

Lena you are sneaky. Congratulations! I wish I lived closer.

Anonymous said...

to quote jeff spicoli, "awesome. totally awesome."

greg