Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Back Home


No longer 72 and sunny. I can see why home prices are 2 and 3 times as high in California. Definitely worth it. Even the air smelled nice since flowers can bloom year round. It was joyful just to stand outside.

Right now I'm just glad my camera is working. Yesterday I was going to do a post about my sister's great new house,but my camera wouldn't turn on as I was trying to take my first shot of the fireplace. I guess it prefers generic batteries now. And I sit here trying to compose a written description, but I wouldn't do the 1925 tudor any justice.

So I'll just post what I do have, some pictures of Esme with her cousin at the park on Saturday. She's the friendliest, sweetest girl I know. And funny. She was hugging Esme and decided to smell her. "She smells like shells and cheese." A compliment, since its her favorite food.




3 comments:

cirila said...

We weren't sure if you and Esme made it home, but it looks like you did. And your camera works! We loving having you and Esme, the best guests ever- miss you already...

Kim said...

I'm glad you and Esme made it home safely and that you had a fun time with your sister. We missed you!

Greg Call said...

Hey Lena,

Thanks for visiting, and a big thanks for your cooking while you were here. I'm still enjoying the spanish rice (and ice cream, of course).