Thursday, December 25, 2008

White Christmas


We noticed the snow coming down this morning and thought, in our warm, comfortable house, how timely. Then, during our present opening, we heard a poor guy plowing. I'm sure he and his family pray every year for a dry Christmas. I'm sure Bing Crosby wasn't singing about snow that comes down horizontally in howling wind, either. It made us appreciate our quiet, happy morning even more.After looking for something more than a silly blankie in his first box, he took his new Thomas train and disappeared to the play room for 10 minutes to put it to work. Sweet thing was content and excited with one new toy.In the mean time, Brian and I unveiled our big presents to each other. Brian got me the camera of my dreams along with some photography lessons at a nearby community center. Mr. Considerate. I had a hunch that this was my gift and felt bad just giving him my 2nd handmade blanket, until I saw how crazy he was about a Wii at some friends' house. He had no clue. Very exciting. And I think my shoulder's already out from a couple clumsy games of tennis. We were also spoiled with way too many presents from family, mostly asian-themed. Then we had a Swiss breakfast with salame, appenzeller, butter, good bread, and tea. Very gluttonous day.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had a nice Christmas. Your new camera takes amazing pictures...great quality.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys both got great presents. I love that he got you lessons along with the camera. What guy thinks of that?! So Awesome.

We also have a Wii and love it! If you guys are connected to the interenet on it, we should exchange wii numbers, play games and send messages. =) I'm so excited!