Saturday, February 6, 2010

Most Wives Cringe


When it's time for the various sports playoffs I barely know they're going on. Today I know about the super bowl because PBS is full of game day cooking shows. I could care less about sports and am lucky enough to have a husband that feels the same way. I guess another lucky combination is when the wife is just as hopeful for and zealous about a team's success.

Like lots of other stay-at-home moms, I look forward to evenings and weekends when my husband is home, except I don't have to share him with the different teams on the TV depending on the season. Not bragging, just appreciating my fabulous husband. (I happen to really love this picture of a friend's husband.)

I know Bri would like to watch boxing or ultimate fighting, but the violence really disturbs me, so he doesn't. He loves martial arts and does a lot of scholarly and philosophical reading and discussing related to it. It gets even better, his hobby (more like a lifelong obsession) keeps him fit instead of flabby (unlike certain fans of "da Bears") and even brings in money.

I agree with what Bri says at the end of each class he teaches: "Soo Bahk!"


In fact, he just walked in the door from teaching his Saturday morning family class and I took his picture asked him "What's tomorrow?" and he got a stressed look after some thought and said, "Valentine's Day?"

2 comments:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cirila said...

I don't know who is luckier you or Brian.