Friday, April 9, 2010

Personalized Felt Memory Game




So last night I stayed up late making this (more cards inside the bag). Tonight is Eli's buddy's birthday party. A couple of days ago I looked on my new favorite blog for ideas. A Make Your Own Memory Game was perfect, especially since I'm always taking pictures. After some online and craft store searching, I came up empty-handed, so I had to invent my own version. With some wallet-sized prints, picasa to add words to the cover photo, heavy weight interfacing, felt ( love you felt), pinking shears, and two hours of sewing and cutting, Curt will have a memory game that brings back memories. How tender.

I was so excited I had to bring it up to Brian to see when I finished, whether I had to wake him or not. He's learning to be impressed by my creations and numerous uses for the snap machine I asked for. I'm just glad I finally came up with something on my own rather than needing a tutorial. I searched around this morning and found someone else had done something similar, except with the expense and trouble of printing photos on fabric. Ha!

I'm already brainstorming a churchy one to keep the boy occupied on Sundays, even going to temple square to take my own pictures. It would be convenient to run into the prophet.

7 comments:

Anna said...

Beyond brilliant!!! You are amazing

Curtis Gibby said...

There is a similar game that you can build yourself on a web site called Match The Memory. You upload your pictures and choose fonts and colors, and the site does all of the work to create cards with your personalized text and photos.

But it's not just for printing your custom memory game -- anyone can also play the game online. There are cute sound effects, and you can add a specific message that pops up with each match. My young daughter loves to play the games and find the photos of her friends and family members.

Sarah Flib said...

Wait, how do you and Curtis know each other? And did I know that you did? I can't remember.

Also, great job on the game! That looks really fun. My favorite line is that it would be convenient to run into the prophet.

Helena said...

Sarah, I was wondering that myself. It looks like a spammer link. I clicked on him and it goes to some website. I thought he was related to you for sure.

Sarah Flib said...

That's confusing. Well, I do have a cousin named Curtis Gibby and he does have a young daughter.

Sarah Flib said...

I went to the site and it turns out he IS my cousin. I guess this is a new business venture. At any rate, your game looks cool!

Curtis Gibby said...

Small world. I am Sarah's cousin, and I am running the Match The Memory web site. I don't know Helena, I just found her site based on a Google alert for "personalized memory game" or something like that.