Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday, September 14- Independence Day


For the past 4 months I've been in nursery with Eli (playtime for 18 month to 3 year olds at church) because he started crying inconsolably when I left. I just decided to always stay so he would feel comfortable rather than worrying about me leaving. It's also hard because the teachers alternate Sundays and its hard for him to get to know them. At first he was clingy and wouldn't get off my lap. As the weeks went by he needed me less and less. Last week I asked the one girl that is always there to make friends with him (they usually leave him alone because I'm there). This week I got the feeling I could leave after a few minutes. I got his attention and told him I was leaving and that I would be back. He made it just fine! I was the one worried, waiting outside the door half the time to listen for his cries. I asked other parents for reports and he was perfect the whole time. Good timing Eli. While he was in class I was asked to be a primary teacher (for the kids that are 7 and 8) which means I would not have been able to be in with in there him anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new calling Helena! I'm sure you'll do a great job in the Primary! I'm glad Eli did well in nursery today...what a darling picture of him. :0)