Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary Us

3 Years?! That number feels way too low. I barely remember life before "us". When I was buying Brian's present yesterday at Macy's, the little old lady helping said, "Oh, you have your whole life ahead of you." I guess she would know. We're no longer those two 22 year old love birds to the right, sizes 6 and 30" waist respectively, but we're just as happy. A lot has happened. We've both graduated, had a little munchkin, and bought our own place. Does life get any better than this?
I don't have a picture from our 2nd Anniversary; we had just moved here and I think we just had fondue after Eli went to bed. But we did record our 1st Anniversary when we were awfully poor and I was 7 months pregnant. I'm thinking we should have dressed up a little more. It was totally worth it to hold on to that cake for a year. Mmm... chocolate with raspberry layers.
Last night we were too eager to wait for the gift giving, so Brian opened his new 600 thread count Hotel Collection bed sheet and I saw my new necklace. The boy knows I like hand-made, so he braved all the gals at the bead store yesterday to make my pearl necklace. Isn't it beauteous? Today Eli goes to play with Shannon and Curt for many hours while we head to the spa and then out to dinner for some authentic pizza. I've never had a massage or even a pedicure, so I'm exceedingly excited for the pampering and the pizza. Love you Bri.

6 comments:

Anna said...

congrats to you! can't wait to hear about your spa visit. and I love the necklace. Let's go to the bead store together when I get back for some girly girl bonding time while the boys watch some martial arts flick with Eli.:)

Robnz Fam said...

Happy Anniversary you two! And wow Brian...good job on that necklace! I'm so impressed! 3 years down and an eternity to go :0).

Leilani said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I hope the spa was nice and relaxing. Love the necklace. You look soo good!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Anniversary, Helena!
You guys seem to be very happy. And Eli is a BOY now, not a baby anymore. Brian is sooo sweet to go to the store and make that beautiful necklace for you!

Laura said...

Happy anniversary. Nen, I love your writing!

Aaron said...

I forgot about your anniversary. Happy late anniversary. Helena, I love your pearl necklace.